Sunday, June 26, 2011

It seemed like a good idea at the time . . .

Ever have one of those moments where you think you're doing something really smart, and it turns out to be the total opposite? I have those moments every day. And now that we have a newborn baby, I have those moments at night, too!

Last night I was up feeding Theodore around 11:30pm. He needed a diaper change midway through his feeding, so I got a new diaper ready and cleaned him up, like always.

Then, as I was reaching for the clean diaper, I realized that he was about to poop again.

And for some reason, I thought to myself -- and this is the not-so-smart part -- Hmm, I shouldn't waste a clean diaper.

So I caught the poop. In my hand.

And in the process of cleaning up, I got poop on the changing pad cover, Theodore's clothes, the dresser, the wipe container, and on my shirt.

Sigh.

But at least I didn't waste a clean diaper.

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind on my postings......but I have to say that this is one of the funniest I have read!! I still chuckle as I think of you catching that poop!!

    ReplyDelete