Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More random thoughts and cute pictures

Today Oliver is spending the day at Grammy's apartment (thank you, Mom!). Buttercup, Theodore, and I dropped him off around 9:00am, and Hubby will bring pick him up after work and bring him home after his swim lesson tonight. I miss my big boy, but I'm having fun spending time with my big girl and baby boy, too. Theodore took a short nap in his crib after we got home this morning, and Buttercup and I got to play outside in the cooler (!!!) weather, doing all of the fun things that she likes to do (mainly decorating herself with chalk and riding her bicycle in circles on the driveway).

I will admit, though, when Oliver asked if he could have his nap at Grammy's apartment, my first thought was, "Oh yay, I can run 6 miles on the treadmill while the other 2 are napping!!" (Oliver rarely takes a nap these days, so my naptime runs are usually around 2-4 miles.) I was really looking forward to getting Buttercup and Theodore down for their post-lunch naps. It looked like everything was going to be perfect -- Buttercup was yawning and being very disgruntled after lunch, and Theodore had been awake since 11:00am. I had them both in bed by 12:15, but strangely . . . Theodore started crying. I tried to give him his pacifier, but he wouldn't take it, so I rocked him for a few minutes, put him back down, ran back to my room to get on the treadmill, and . . . he started crying again. Really strange that he was crying again! I rocked him again, gave him his pacifier, put him back down. Walked back to my room, and he started crying again. This time, I went in the kitchen to make him a bottle, and by the time I got back to his room, he was quiet. And asleep. (Whew!) By this time, it was 12:40. I got my running shoes on, and was about to start the treadmill, when Buttercup started crying. She was hysterical about something (I think she'd had a bad dream?), so I rocked her and calmed her down, and left her room around 1:00. Went back to my room, looked at the treadmill, then . . . folded it up, took off my running shoes, and took a shower. Without running. Sigh. Oh well. Maybe I need an extra day off. Or maybe I'll try again later. :-)
Other random stuff -- my wonderful sister spent the better part of an hour in our hot (over 100 degrees) garage yesterday afternoon, re-installing the kids' car seats so that they can all fit in the middle row. They tested out the new arrangement this morning, and no one cried or threw a tantrum, no one poked the baby, and everyone seems happy. So far. ;-)

And lest I dare write two blog posts in a row without including pictures of my sweet babies (the audacity!!), here are a few pictures from this week. :-)






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures! I'm glad the car arrangement worked out today! I'm NEVAH, EVAH moving those seats again!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete