Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Updates

We are having a fun summer! Hard to believe that June is almost over already -- time is just flying by.

Oliver:
He is still obsessed with Legos and Star Wars. Actually, he's much more obsessed with Legos than with Star Wars. I know I've said this before, but it astounds me how he'll sit and build quietly for hours and hours, when nothing else will hold his attention for that long. I was telling a friend this morning that I would love to thank whoever invented those little plastic bricks!! They're such a great toy -- building imaginations, fostering creativity, giving Moms peace and quiet . . . :-)

He's also turning into quite a swimmer. He's almost finished with the Level 3 swim class, and after he passes Level 4 and the swim test, he'll be eligible to swim in the 4-6 year old club team at our YMCA. How cute is that?? He'll also be able to go down the 3 story water slide at the YMCA after he passes the swim test, which is something he's really excited about.

Buttercup:
She is still such a social little girl, and she's really looking forward to starting Mother's Day Out (we call it "preschool") in September. I think she really misses our old Tuesday and Thursday routine of dropping Oliver off at preschool, then going to the YMCA where she would play in the Child Watch (aka her "YMCA class"). About twice a week, she reminds me that, when she's 3 years old, she gets to 1) go to preschool, 2) go to the "big girl" room at the YMCA Child Watch, and 3) take swim lessons. Apparently, a lot of good things happen when you're 3! :-)

She's also still our feisty firecracker, and most days she cries approximately 50 times more than the baby. But we still love her anyway and wouldn't want her to be any different than she is. :-) She's such an awesome little girl and is the SWEETEST thing in the world when she wants to be.

She's doing pretty well with swimming, too. I took her and Oliver to the family pool at the YMCA last week, and she's started doing her own freestyle stroke (and propelling herself forward in the water!), so I have no doubt that she will be ready for swim lessons in September! We could sign her up now, but because of her age she's only eligible for Mommy & Me classes, and we think she'd be better off in a class with no mommies and just peers. ;-)

Theodore:
He is just the cutest, sweetest little baby. I looooove his fuzzy, warm head, I could just eat it up!! He is such a good baby, and is happy most of the time, but he definitely has some strong opinions about his likes and dislikes! So far he doesn't like 1) diaper changes, 2) his car seat, and 3) being put down (most of the time). But thankfully he likes sleeping and eating. :-)

He also loves watching Oliver and Buttercup play, especially when they dance in the living room. I'll hold him in my lap and he'll just watch them with his eyes wide open, like he's trying to figure out how he can do that, too! Just too cute. :-)

We are so thankful for all 3 of our beautiful, healthy babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment