Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sun catcher and firefly crafts

Oliver is at the age where he can at least help with most of the crafts we do, but I'm always on the lookout for crafts that Buttercup can help with, too. I bought this craft book about a month ago, and this week we did 2 of the crafts from the book. They were both simple enough that Buttercup was able to join in and do her own!

First, we made sun catchers. I traced and cut out a shape for each of the kids (Buttercup chose a butterfly, and Oliver chose a sting ray), then glued the cut out shape to wax paper. Then each of the kids glued bits of colored tissue paper to the wax paper, and I glued another piece of wax paper behind to secure it all.






They look really pretty!



We also made a firefly craft, which was super easy. Draw several lines with glitter glue, then let the glue dry. Have the kids dip their thumbs in white craft paint, and made thumbprint wings on either side of the glittery body. After the paint is dry, the kids can decorate their fireflies to make them even more unique!

Buttercup did not want me to take a picture of her fireflies, so this is Oliver's firefly page: :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment