We've come to an agreement over the past year -- I let her pick her outfits Monday through Saturday (with Mommy Veto Power on school days) and on Sundays I pick out two dresses and let her choose between them.
She usually rarely chooses to wear dresses or skirts. Not being a girly girl myself, I understand that, and also understand why she has a fit when Sunday morning rolls around every week, and has to put on a dress again.
But for some reason, she decided she wanted to wear a dress to a friend's birthday party a couple of weekends ago, so she picked out her striped dress and actually picked out matching (!!!) leggings to go with it. And then this past Sunday, I was still eating breakfast when she hollered from her room that she needed help getting her blue dress down for church. She wasn't complaining or fighting me! And she actually wanted to wear a dress!
And this is what she picked out to wear:
Fabulous. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment