Well, one of the steps involves a food processor. I don't have a food processor, so I used the blender to grind up my onion and bell pepper. It -- of course -- turned into orange mush, so I strained some of the (nutrient-rich!) liquid off and mixed the rest of the pulpy orange mess in with the beans and seasonings.
To wrap the rest of this up, the burgers baked for almost 20 minutes (it was supposed to be 10) and still were not firm or actually, any different in texture than they were before I put them in the oven.
Plus, they looked like a patty version of a dirty diaper. Tonight was one of those very, very few nights when I told the kids, "You can eat this, or you can have a sandwich instead." :-)
Despite the appearance and texture, the "burgers" tasted great, so Hubby and I wrapped them in tortillas with a little bit of cheese. Yum. Good thing they're tasty, because we have lots of leftovers.

LOL! Dirty diaper indeed. I never thought of how they look like that before.
ReplyDeleteI've always sauteed mine in a skillet w/ a little olive oil. I'll have to see if I can dig up a recipe for you - I think the one I made from chickpeas did actually come from a recipe.
I think sauteeing them in a skillet would have been a much better idea! Please let me know if you find the recipe. :-)
ReplyDelete