Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oliver's Lego Christmas scene

Last week, Oliver got a new Lego magazine in the mail. Each issue has a building challenge, where kids are given a theme to create with Legos, and then they can mail in pictures of their creations. The top 5 winners get Lego gift cards.

Oliver has never wanted to do the building challenge before (too many other fun things to do, I guess!), but when I told him that this issue's theme is "Christmas scene," he said, "Oh, I need to get to work on that right away!" Ha ha ha.

I thought it was going to take him a while to decide what to do, but in typical Oliver fashion he knew exactly what he was going to build, how he was going to build it, and which pieces he would need. About 25 minutes later, this is what he created!




Note: the chimney also has a guard and a control panel, to keep the bad guys away from the tree. :-)


Putting some final touches on the tree:



No comments:

Post a Comment