Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Day in Pictures, installment 3

I haven't chronicled our day in pictures in a while, not since Oliver was 2 and Buttercuppie was a baby. (Wow.) So I figured it would be fun to do it again now, about 2 1/2 years later, and see how things have changed. :-)

First, everyone woke up and we had breakfast:



(Ha ha, poor Buttercup. She is so not a morning person.)




After breakfast, Buttercup helped me take out the trash while Oliver got dressed.


Then it was Lego time.



And snuggle-on-the-rug time.


After I put the baby down for a nap . . .


. . .I fixed a snack for the big kids . . .


. . . then they made some drawings and played with dress up clothes.




After the little boy woke up . . .


. . .we went to meet some friends at an indoor playground.





When we came home, it was time for lunch and rest/nap time for the big kids.


While Buttercup was napping and Oliver was resting, Theodore and I got to play by ourselves. Which mostly consisted of him beating up this sea turtle . . .



. . .and drooling on the couch.


All that playing makes a little fat boy tired! I put him down for another nap . . .


. . . and then Oliver came out of his room since his rest time was over. I set him up with his LeapPad so I could drink my coffee and read some of my book . . .


. . . then he wanted to make Christmas gifts and cards for his preschool teachers. (Hey, sounded like the perfect idea to me! Less to do next month!)



Buttercup joined us after she woke up . . .



. . . and Theodore joined the party about 30 minutes later.


Since everyone was up and it was a chilly but dry day, we went outside for a nature walk.




She makes the funniest facial expressions!



While we were out walking, Oliver thought he dropped one of the darts for his Nerf gun (it was actually still attached to the gun, but he didn't realize it until we got back home). So, naturally, he had to use his telescope eye to look for it.


His telescope eye wasn't working too well, so he had to use his night vision goggles. (Maybe if he'd used his regular eyes he would have noticed that it was still with his gun.)


Theodore was content the entire time we were walking! This bodes well for future runs with the jogging stroller.


After we got home, the big kids went in the back yard to swing while I went in to fix dinner.


But they got too cold (the high was 60 degrees today, brrr!), so they came back in for more Legos . . .


. . . and playing on the rug.



The rest of the day was a little too busy for more pictures, but involved things like eating dinner, complaining about dinner, playing with blocks again, playing outside in the dark, taking baths and going to bed. Another fun day with my fun little people!

No comments:

Post a Comment