Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful picture frames

I am getting so excited about Thanksgiving coming up next week! The leaves are finally changing and we did our first Thanksgiving craft yesterday morning. It was supposed to be a cardstock picture frame sized to fit an index card, but 1) I didn't have any cardstock, 2) or index cards, 3) and I couldn't find my exacto knife to cut the centers out straight. So they're a little misshapen. As most of our crafts are. ;-)

This is Buttercup's frame. She decorated the "frame" with crayon and marker doodles, then drew a picture of . . . something . . . in the blue box in the center. Above the box, I wrote the things that she is thankful for: candy, Mommy and Daddy, Aunt Anna, Grammy, markers, that God made me, Skylyn [Buttercup's friend] having her birthday, Theodore, Skylyn's mommy named Mrs. Jessica, Oliver, herself, pizza, the computer, pears, her striped shirt, and her Lightning McQueen sheet.



And here is Oliver's frame. He decorated the "frame" with crosses, and drew a picture of himself singing the Imperial March (ha ha ha ha ha!!!!) in the blue box in the center. Above it, I wrote what he is thankful for: God, Thanksgiving, Jesus, that God made the world and us, that He made Theodore be in our family, that God loves us and is in our hearts, and that turkeys are here so we can have Thanksgiving.


I am definitely saving these frames to look back on in future years. :-) I just love my sweet babies!

1 comment: