I used to make a weekly dinner menu so I would always be prepared for dinner, but then the 3rd baby came along and . . . 1 year later I still haven't gotten back in the swing of menu planning. :-) Since I'm usually scrounging at the last minute to find something for dinner, the other day I found the All Recipes Dinner Spinner app and downloaded it on my phone, and it's not only fun but I've made two yummy recipes from it! This is the first one -- Creamy Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes.
You'll need:
1 (12oz) package pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled (I used regular smoked chicken sausage and it was fine)
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced (I used ~2 tbsp minced garlic)
(I also added ~2 cups of chopped fresh spinach)
1 (28oz) can Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped (I used 2 14oz cans of Italian-style diced tomatoes)
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used 1/2 cup whole milk)
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp minced fresh parsley (omitted)
Cook pasta, drain and set aside. Heat oil and saute onion and garlic.
After onion and garlic have caramelized, add sausage and cook on both sides until browned. Add spinach and cook a little bit longer, until it's wilted.
Take a few minutes to play with the sweaty baby boy. :-)
Stir in tomatoes, cream and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Stir cooked pasta into the sauce and heat through.
Yum! Delicious, super easy, and it took about 20 minutes from start to finish. Everyone gobbled it up. I'm definitely making this again. :-)
Feed me!
ReplyDelete