Here's a fun, easy idea for something to do on an afternoon when the baby is still napping and you need to find something to keep the older kids busy (and quiet). I found this activity on the Clorox website, of all places, ha ha. I'm still not sure how I stumbled across it, but it's a really neat website if you have time to go look!
Anyway. You'll need:
-- light colored bread
-- food coloring
-- milk
-- clean paintbrushes
First we mixed up the food coloring and milk:
Then they got to work painting their bread:
The idea is that you paint a design on the bread, toast it, and eat it. You can't put too much of the dyed milk on the bread though, because you won't be able to toast it. My kiddos got caught up in painting and ended up with several super-saturated slices of bread that weren't able to be toasted. But I did snag this one slice from Oliver before it was too late:
This was fun and served the purpose of keeping them busy! They both liked using milk as paint and painting bread, and it kept them busy for about 30 minutes. We'll have to try this again another day!
No comments:
Post a Comment