Saturday, June 2, 2012

Running stuff

Wow, God has really blessed my running in the past few months. I started a new training plan after the 3M half marathon, and so far it has been working wonders for me! I love it. The weekly long run is more of a progressive run (where you run about 3/4 of the mileage easy, then the last 1/4 at a faster pace), which works out really well for me.  And the speedwork is written so that it's easy to do on a treadmill, which is also great for me since I don't have the time to get out to the track once a week. So far, I've been hitting all of my paces perfectly, including the easy runs, which is something I've really needed to work on in the past! Every run is an answer to prayer and I'm just so thankful for it. I have even been getting up well before the sun twice a week to get my runs in so I'll have more time with the kids, and it has all been going so well. Hooray!  


This week I ran 45 miles for the first time in several years. Wow! I still can't believe it! Not only just the mileage, but also the fact that I'm not injured, plus I've been able to do some really hard workouts with ease. I feel like I'm a completely different runner than I was 5 months ago, and I love the feeling of finally getting back in shape after 2 years! I also love that being older and wiser also means that I don't turn every run into a race, and that I'm truly running my easy runs easy. But mostly, I'm so thankful that I'm running with my heart and mind in the right place! Such an answer to prayer. :-)  


I'm planning to race a 5k in a couple of weeks, so next week's mileage will be closer to 40 miles, and then the following week I'm planning to taper down to 25-30 miles so I'll have fresh legs for the race. Can't wait to run fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment