Monday, June 18, 2012

Playing with shaving cream

A couple of months ago, I picked up a can of shaving cream at the store, so we'd have it around the house for the kids to play with when we needed something fun to do. I remembered about it one day last week, and since neither of the big kids napped on Friday, it was the perfect time for us to try it!

First, we filled up quart-size food storage bags with shaving cream, added a little bit of food coloring, and then poked a hole in one corner (like a bag of icing) so they could write with it on the driveway. 



Buttercup needed some help filling up her bag


Mixing up the food coloring


I made a small hole with a knife, and they drew/wrote on the driveway


After a few really good squeezes, the bags popped open. So the kids just emptied the contents on the driveway and smeared it with their hands. :-)


Before Buttercup's bag popped . . .

. . . and after. :-)

After a little while, I gave them the can of shaving cream to play with




Of course, they ended up smearing themselves with shaving cream!

Nothing like good, clean fun! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment