Wednesday, May 26, 2010

All we need is just a little patience

Ahh, patience. It is definitely one of my weakest areas. And it is tested daily.

Today was one of those days. I guess it all started last night. Ephesians 4:26b says, "Don't let the sun go down on your anger," and for good reason -- I went to bed grumpy, and I woke up even grumpier. Oliver fed off of my grouchiness this morning, and as soon as breakfast was over, he started picking fights with his sister. That led to Oliver getting three time outs before 8:30 this morning (almost unheard of these days), despite my efforts to get us out of the house as soon as possible. His attitude was better at the playground, but as soon as we got back home, he started picking on Buttercup again.

Oliver is capable of making good choices, but I guess you can blame me for setting a bad example by being grumpy and short-tempered this morning. If I had woken up in a better mood, maybe things would have been a little bit better.


But you know what? God can overcome all of this. Exodus 4:13-14 says, "Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today . . . the Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Of course, that scripture is talking about Moses delivering the Israelites from the Egyptians. But for my life it's translated into me being delivered from my worst adversary -- my temper. To me, it says, "Hey Maria, just chill out and let God take care of it! Be still and know that He is God; sit back and watch Him take charge of the situation."


What an awesome God we have!

And, because I hate to not include pictures of my cuties in my posts, here are a couple from this morning. :-)














No comments:

Post a Comment