Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Time to Fly in the Sky!

Ever since I told him that we were going to fly to Grammy and Granddaddy's house in May, Oliver has been asking every day if it's "time to fly in the sky." Well, today was the big day!

I told Oliver yesterday that I was going to wake him up early this morning, when there was a 5 on his clock, instead of a 7. I was sound asleep at 12:20am, when Oliver hollered from his room, "Mama! I see a 5!" No, baby, that's a 2. :-)

He was sound asleep when I woke him up at 5:15 this morning, but he was SO excited when he realized what was going on! We got the kids dressed quickly, they said goodbye to Wendy -- in the picture below, you can see how excited Oliver was! -- and we were on our way to the airport.















The entire trip was pretty great. Our first flight was short and uneventful. And after we found our connecting flight, we had enough time to stop and watch the airplanes before boarding.
















































Our second flight and the car ride to Grammy and Granddaddy's house were also short and
mostly uneventful. I'm thankful to have such happy little travelers, and thankful for a safe journey!

1 comment:

  1. What a great time I had at the airport!! I saw the three of you walking in the concourse as I waited at the door of the corridor. When Oliver saw me ferociously waving at him, he began running, pulling his Lightning McQueen suitcase along behind him. Faster and faster he ran, grinning from ear to ear. When he had almost reached me, his feet slid out from under him and he fell forward, even dropping his beloved StingRay stuffed animal. For half a second, I was afraid he was going to be embarrassed by the mishap, but I quietly yelled, "Come, on, Oliver, you can make it!" (as though it was a race to the finish line where I stood!). The trooper-boy got up, picked his things up and continued the run to me and gave me the best attack hug I have ever had! Then little Princess Buttercup, in her green and white sundress with pink croc shoes, came along and joined the group hug. What Grammy-joy that was!! And then, wait, there was someone else there as well -- oh yes, my wonderful baby daughter -- who gave me all this Grammy-joy!! So glad y'all are here!

    ReplyDelete