Tuesday, May 25, 2010

E is for Elephant




















This is Oliver's first best friend (of the stuffed animal variety, anyway).



















Grandma and Grandpa gave Elephant to Oliver almost 2 years ago, and the two have been almost inseparable ever since.

So, in honor of Elephant and one of Oliver's favorite books, I decided that this week's alphabet lesson would be E is for Elephant!














I wanted to make the craft as cute as possible, so I used this picture from Curious George Learns the Alphabet for the template.


















We usually start with practicing writing on the dry erase board first, but Oliver was SO excited about the craft, and we decided to do that first.
































Then we went to the dry erase board so Oliver could practice writing an E. But by that point, he had lost all of his patience, and he was ready to move on to something else. He did try an E though, and he did a pretty good job!




















Then he said something that I think is pretty smart . . . he said, "Mama, could I just try to make an E with my Lincoln Logs?" So that's what he did. :-)



1 comment:

  1. Oh My oh My !!! I think the lesson went V*E*R*Y well!!!!

    ReplyDelete