Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise His name. For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and His faithfulness continues to all generations.
Psalm 100:4-5
I'm am thankful for . . .
-- my family and friends
-- my healthy, beautiful, wonderful children
-- getting to have a super fun summer with my babies and hubby
-- the approaching fall weather and the end to the summer heat
-- being content with where I am, and knowing that my God has plans for my future!
-- having a good run tonight, where I got to see a gorgeous sunset, complete with big, puffy clouds that faded from dark gray to pale blue, to red-orange, to pale, pale pink. Just beautiful!!
-- finding a sweet cat who loves the kids and is very tolerant of Buttercup's constant affections
-- a hubby who bravely eats whatever I cook for him, even if it's almost inedible (fortunately that's only happened a few times!)
What are you thankful for?
What am I thankful for?
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that both of my children love and seek to serve our Lord. That is the best blessing of this life that I have known to date. When I was pregnant with both of them, I had an abiding knowledge that I was helping to populate eternity. I asked God to please allow the fruit of my womb be that which would honor Him, bring glory to Him, and would be that which would populate heaven instead of hell. I am assured that He, in His wonderful grace and mercy, has granted that prayer request. I do not know of any other thing a mother could be more grateful for. That....is tops on my list of what I am grateful for. Yep, tops.
Other things that I am grateful for:
ReplyDelete--a grandson who called Grammy before his "first day of school" today and after he got home from "school"
--a granddaughter who insisted on talking to Grammy on the phone to tell me what she was wearing, and that she was "a good girl" today
--a daughter who devotes her life to raising her children, giving up the niceties which a second income could provide, realizing that a Mother's time is priceless to her children
--a son-in-law who provides for his family so that he allows his wife to devote time to the children daily and not work
--a daughter who loves her sister enough to move across nearly 2 states to be near her and her children
--a job which allows me to take time off to be with my family
--a Savior who paid the price for my many ugly and heinous sins.
Awww! <3
ReplyDelete