Tuesday, April 20, 2010

F is for Firefighter

Oliver really liked the T is for Tractor craft we did last week, so I decided to try it again! I had originally planned to make "s is for sting ray," but I never took the time to sit down and draw it out. Fortunately, Oliver is also really into firefighters right now, so I took the easy way out and copied this idea from one of his Curious George books:



















Looks cute and easy enough, right? There was a little more to it than the tractor craft, so I did most of the pre-assembly work the night before.

After breakfast, Oliver and I thought of some words that start with the letter F, and he practiced writing an F on the board. He needed a little bit of instruction, but he got it figured out right away!



















Buttercup was awake by this point, so she sat at the table and finished her breakfast. She looks a little guilty in this picture, doesn't she? Probably because she was trying to hide bits of shredded wheat between her toes.















Oliver's favorite step -- carefully applying glue.



















After the glueing was done, we needed to use the stapler to attach the hose (a pipe cleaner). Guess who was very excited about using a stapler? :-) Look at that concentration!



















The last step was to attach the water to the end of the hose, and we were done!


















1 comment:

  1. How adorable!!! This turned out to be a really nice craft adventure! I'm so proud of our Oliver and his writing the "F."

    And, Lil' Miss B, what can I say..... always tryin' to get away with somethin', she is!!! She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete