Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hard at Work

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Oliver loves to work. About every other day, he wakes up in the morning and says, "Mama, it's time to get to work!" It seems like there's always something broken that needs to be fixed, or something that is fixed and needs to be broken. His theme song is the tune from Bob the Builder -- "Can we fix it? Yes, we can!"

So it was no surprise that, after his nap today, he wanted to get straight to work (after spending some time talking to Wendy, that is). Buttercup was still napping, so he and I went outside to get our chores done.

First up: raking leaves and hauling them to the other side of the yard.















































Oliver took a brief rest to look at some of the roly polys he unearthed.

















Then we moved on to shoveling sand.
















And guess what? We found an empty snail shell!

















And the last job before we had to go in: sweeping off the patio.

















I'm glad he hasn't caught on that other kids get paid to do this stuff. ;-)

1 comment: