Then we came inside, and Oliver helped me fry some shrimp. He mixed flour, garlic powder, salt, red pepper, and black pepper in a ziploc bag, then he added the shrimp and shook it up to coat it. [For reasons probably obvious to you, I wasn't able to take pictures of him helping me.]
This is our finished product! Trust me, it makes up in taste what it lacks in visual appeal. :-)
I had shrimp, pasta, and tomatoes. Mmm, doesn't that look yummy?
Oliver and Buttercup enjoyed their dinners, too. Buttercup had pasta with spaghetti sauce (in case you can't tell from the sauce smeared all over her mouth), shrimp, and fruit.
And Oliver had pasta with butter and cheese, shrimp, fruit, and carrot sticks.
Oliver saved his strawberries for later, but Buttercup ate hers with dinner -- stems and all. Oops!
The kids really seemed to enjoy our dinner date. Several times while we ate, Oliver said, "Mama, I just love you," and even the Princess was very calm and ate everything on her plate. We'll definitely have to do this again! :-)
I think kiddies like a change of routine occasionally. And it looks like the patio was a really nice venue for this meal! So glad it was a good time for all. Seems Oliver is learning how much those "I love you" words mean to us grown ups! :)
ReplyDeleteYum, that looks awesome! Pierce is huge on shrimp right now. He asks for it all the time. Just like his mommy ;-)
ReplyDelete