Tuesday, April 27, 2010

J is for Jackhammer

Oliver has really liked the alphabet crafts that we've done for the 2 weeks, so I've decided to make it a weekly thing for us. It's a fun way for him to learn how to write the letters, and learn new sounds and words. He loves it!

Oliver is really into jackhammers right now. His love for tools/heavy machinery started about 2 years ago, but lately he's really been interested in jackhammers. We've been reading The Magic School Bus: Inside the Earth daily, mainly because the kids use jackhammers to break through the rock inside the earth. And Oliver even made himself a jackhammer from his connecting blocks.



















So I decided that our next alphabet lesson would be J is for Jackhammer. Unlike our previous crafts, I didn't have a template, so I had to wing it.

First, I drew a J, and Oliver copied it. He is doing really well with writing his letters! I am so proud of this little boy, he never ceases to amaze me!



















"Hey Mom, is my J bigger than your J? Is it the biggest J in the whole world??!"



















Meanwhile, Buttercup finished up her breakfast and cheered for her big brother. Yay!!! What a sweet little girl!















Then we got started on the craft. Like I said, I didn't have a template, so it's not as cute as the tractor or firefighter crafts. But Oliver loves it, and that's all that matters. :-)


































No comments:

Post a Comment