While I cut out the shapes for the craft, I asked Oliver if he could start thinking of some words that start with T. He said, "No, I just want to draw." So he drew, and I cut out shapes. Then I looked over at the dry-erase board, and what do you know? Oliver had been drawing the letter T the whole time. He was even standing there with a mischievous smirk on his face. LOL! I just love my little boy! He is so much fun!
Oliver helped me come up with some "T" words, and he drew some more while I wrote the words on the board. You can see his green scribbles below. I think he was trying to write an R (for the word "train"), but instead it looked exactly like the number 5. As soon as he saw it, he said, "Hey! That's the number FIVE!" He was so excited!
Then we got to work on the craft. Oliver (as usual) had the most fun with the glue stick. I bought a new one that leaves traces of blue before it dries, and Oliver liked trying to write with it before the glue dried.
The finished tractor!
I think we'll do "S is for shark and sting ray" next. :-)
This is so great, Maria!! Eva and I are looking at this and grinning. He is so smart! And you are so wonderful to research these crafts, put them together and have a fun time with the most special boy in the universe!! Love to you! Ma
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool craft! I may have to do that one with C sometime!
ReplyDeleteMom-- thanks! He really liked this one and drove his tractor page around the table for a little while before using it in his worker site. LOL!
ReplyDeleteHeather-- if you guys make it, make sure you put the wheels in the right place so it won't look as funny as ours. Oops! :-)