Psalm 19:1-3
This morning I got up early and went out for my weekly long run. I was up early enough to watch the sunrise, and Psalm 19:1-3 started running through my head as I watched the sky and clouds change color. I really started thinking about the first verse, particularly the phrase "the heavens declare the glory of God." The heavens declare the glory of God! How cool is that, that you can just look up and see His handiwork, see all of the beautiful, wonderful things that He has made!
Further into my run, I was still singing the psalm to myself, as my feet pounded on the trail in cadence with the tune. The tune stuck in my head was written by one of the teachers at the private Christian school that I attended from kindergarten through 6th grade. It's funny that I remember that song from so long ago. Ten years ago, I wouldn't have thought that I would end up where I am right now. Back then, I didn't think it was a big deal that my parents were Christians and that I was raised in a Christian home. But now that I have two kids of my own, I realize how truly important it is. Proverbs 22:6 says it best: "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." It's been a long, bumpy road for me, one where I didn't always make the best choices, but I'm thankful for God for His forgiveness and for giving me Christian parents and a loving home to grow up in, and I'm thankful for my parents for leading me when I was young enough to be led, letting go when I was old enough to make my own decisions, and loving me no matter what.
I love you guys!!
Maria, as I read this posting today, my heart filled up with joy. I am so grateful to God that He has caused my children to come to know Him. And I thank you so very much for your love and gratefulness for how you were raised.
ReplyDeleteIt is my heartfelt pleasure to love you -- no matter what. I am proud of the woman you have become.
Mom