Monday, June 14, 2010

Taking time to be thankful

"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The Lord has done great things for them.' The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."
Psalm 126:2-3


I have a lot of things to be thankful for. My grace-giving, loving God, my sweet hubby, my beautiful babies, my health, my friends, my family. And -- directly related to my hard working hubby -- I get to stay home with my favorite little people every day and enjoy them! I get to witness firsthand when Buttercup reaches a new milestone (this morning she figured how to brace the cereal bowl with one hand so she could spoon her cereal with the other!), watch Oliver come up with even more ideas on how to use his tools, see them grow and learn, and watch them interact with each other. There really isn't much more on this earth that makes me happier than seeing my kids helping each other, talking together, playing and laughing with each other.

There are so many simple things that I get to enjoy every day, and I am so thankful for that. Playing in the creek is one of them. It's such a simple thing to do. It doesn't cost any money, and you don't need to bring anything (although a $1 butterfly net and bucket are good for hours of fun!). There are always rocks to throw, leaves and sticks to float downstream, fish and tadpoles to watch. It's so relaxing being out there in the shade, enjoying God's creation, hearing the trickling water and watching my two of my favorite people have fun.


















2 comments:

  1. I am so very grateful that my grandchildren have the mother that they have. I tear up when I read about how grateful you are to be able to see their milestones firsthand. I am so proud of your devotion to them. You are the best, my little one. Continue on......

    ReplyDelete