Tuesday, February 15, 2011

C is for Cookie

We sing Cookie Monster's "C is for Cookie" song quite a bit at our house. Surprisingly, I don't remember it from my childhood, but it's a really cute, catchy song! Oliver learned it at his preschool, and we found the video on You Tube, and it's been a family favorite ever since. (If you haven't heard it, you can click here.) So naturally, it was the perfect choice for our next letter lesson!

Oliver decided that he wanted our cookie to look "just like Cookie Monster's." So I cut out a half circle and tried to make it look like Cookie Monster had taken a big bite out of it. :-) For the chocolate chips, Oliver used black construction paper and the hole punch. Then he smeared glue on the cookie, and I applied the chocolate chips with my fingernail. He added the letter C, carefully sounded out and wrote the word "cookie", and we were done!






Pretty cute, I think!


3 comments:

  1. C is for cookie is a classic. I don't know how you've managed to block it out. . . the only one better is Oscar's "I love trash". . . like a broken umbrella that's tattered and torn... I love it because it's trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember "I love trash" (and it's one of Oliver's favorites, too!). Ahhh, the good old days of Sesame Street :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! You're so creative :) And I remember C is for Cookie. Isaac has a book that came with a tiny little plastic "cd" player with SS songs and that's on there.

    ReplyDelete