Monday, February 7, 2011

Pineapple Project, part dead

Shelly, this one's for you! :-D

Way back in July, our pineapple top was sprouting, so Oliver, Buttercup, and I took it outside to plant. Well, I did not inherit my dad's green thumb, so not surprisingly, the pineapple didn't make it. Maybe we over-watered it, or it didn't get enough sunlight, or it became permanently damaged after Buttercup accidentally dropped it on the ground and stepped on it. I left it on the front porch (it's still there, actually, I haven't moved it yet) to see if something would happen, but it's dead for sure.

Maybe we'll try again in a month or two. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee. May it RIP. (Nothing I plant ever survives either)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I had wondered whatever happened with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See. . . I wasn't the ONLY one wondering. Maybe it will grow this spring? You never know. . . sometimes plants look dead when they aren't. . . or maybe I just convince myself of that. . . my ivy isn't REALLY dead. It's just pretending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I'm pretty sure it's dead . . . as is your ivy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete