Thursday, February 3, 2011

You Capture: Red

This week's You Capture assignment is Red. We have a lot of red things at our house, but our swirly energy efficient light bulbs made all of my red objects come out orange-ish red in the pictures. Any idea how to fix that??

Here is the best of the orange-red pictures:



And here's the best one that I took outside:


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I am new to the DSLR camera world, but I recently went to a photography info session, and the instructor specifically addressed the issue you had with your lightbulbs. He said to change the camera light setting to "incandescent" (even though the bulbs are technically fluorescent). I haven't tried it, but hopefully it will help you out. Good luck!

    Terri
    www.adifferentshadeofbrowne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terri! I will definitely try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes what Terri said, you should play around with your white balance settings. My Canon XS is terrible at casting a yellow tint on every indoor picture in auto white balance, but if I change it to incandescent it helps a lot. Just don't forget to change it when you go outside!

    Also, if you have a photo editing program, try taking some yellow out of the picture or adding blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are just as adorable as can be. I especially love your daughter with her eyes closed : ) My nephew does that every time I try to take his picture as well. So cute, right? : ) Unless you really want a nice picture.
    LOVE the pretty red berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legos my favorites!
    Love ur header so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty berries. I love splashes of color in winter like that. It's gorgeous and red legos represent the red theme perfectly!

    ReplyDelete