Monday, January 16, 2012

Ocean glitter jar

We stocked up on glitter glue and glitter the other day (I love Dollar Tree!) and made another glitter jar. This time I used an empty pickle jar, so it's much larger than the previous ones.

We only had 1 jar, and I needed both kids to decide on which colors to use. For about 3 minutes neither Oliver or Buttercup was in agreement and it looked as though Mommy was going to have to decide, until Oliver had the brilliant idea to make it look like an ocean! He even picked out 4 of his (least favorite, ha ha) plastic sea creatures to use in the jar. :-)

We used blue and green glitter glue:



I mixed it up with hot water, then added more water and the kids each added some food coloring (blue and green). Then we added blue, green, and gold glitter (the gold glitter represents sand), and tossed in the plastic sea creatures.

Oliver had fun using his flashlight to try to see the animals inside.


It was hard to see them with the flashlight shining directly on the jar, but we were able to see them with the sunlight behind it.


See, a humpback whale!

1 comment: