Monday, January 2, 2012

Things I'll miss

It seems like the kids are growing so quickly and that time is literally flying by! There are so many moments and memories that I don't want to forget. Like these:

When Buttercup says "how" instead of "why." As in, "Mom, how are you wearing those pants?"


When Oliver and Buttercup both pronounce "chocolate" as "chock-lick."

The way Theodore's face lights up when his big sister or brother are nearby.

When Buttercup runs to Theodore when they first wake up in the morning, as though the night was too long to be away from him. :-)

How much Oliver loves elephants and sting rays.

The way Buttercup will carry on a ten minute conversation with herself, complete with hand gestures, and punctuated with laughter and the word "booty".

When Oliver and Buttercup are both wanting the same thing, one of them will usually (but not always, ha ha) back down and offer it to the other. :-)

The way Oliver and Buttercup look out for each other and help each other out (although I'm hoping this will be a life-long thing!).

When Buttercup says "swimp soup" instead of "swim suit."

The way Buttercup says words in a silly way by making them all start with a B sound. Like, "Bom, bow are boo bearing bose bants?"

I love my sweet kiddos! Although I wish I could freeze time (only on some days, ha ha), I'm looking forward to seeing what type of personality Theodore has and all of the neat things that he does!

1 comment:

  1. And one thing that I am oh, so proud of and never want to forget about you, Maria: The way you cherish each of your children individually and record their best attributes so often. You are an awesome mother. It makes a Mom really proud.

    ReplyDelete