Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rosemary roasted chicken with potatoes

I found this McCormick recipe a few months ago, and I love it! It's healthy, delicious, and everyone requests second helpings when I make it.

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp crushed rosemary leaves
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs (I've made it with bone-in thighs, boneless thighs, and boneless breasts and it comes out the same every time, so use whatever you have)
1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 medium green bell pepper, sliced (optional)

Mix oil, all of the spices and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken, potatoes and peppers; toss to coat well. Cover bowl with foil and refrigerate for several hours.

Arrange chicken, potatoes and peppers in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.

Roast, uncovered, in preheated 425 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, turning potatoes occasionally.

Yum!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I love rosemary and I actually roast red potatoes with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper...never thought of adding chicken though! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I was there to share in this meal. The chicken was truly tasty and fork-tender!

    ReplyDelete