Friday, March 19, 2010

Curious Buttercup and Oliver Make Pancakes

Last night at bedtime, Oliver asked me to read "a book that I haven't read in a long time." I guess that after 2 months of reading books about sea creatures, he was finally ready to read something else. :-)

So I chose this old favorite: Curious George Makes Pancakes.














After we read the book, Oliver asked if we could make pancakes (there's a recipe on the back of the book and we've used it a few times before). So we decided to have a pancake lunch today!

First, Oliver helped by rinsing the blueberries.














Buttercup helped by repeatedly banging her metal measuring cup against the metal bowl . . .














. . . and sampling blueberries.














Then we were ready to get started!


















I cracked the egg, then Oliver added the milk and whisked the first ingredients together.
































Buttercup amused herself while Oliver was busy.



















Then it was time to add flour . . .


















. . . baking powder, and salt.














Buttercup provided more entertainment while Oliver and I took turns mixing the batter.




































Finally, the batter was ready!















Oliver helped me make a blueberry smiley face like George did in the book.














And the verdict? YUM!














4 comments:

  1. A*B*S*O*L*U*T*E*L*Y W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L story & pics, Maria!! Delightful!!! Ummm... can you tell I really liked it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! Maybe next time you come, you can help us make another batch of "George" pancakes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!! I will be there Friday!

    ReplyDelete