Our day started off innocently enough with both kids sleeping in and waking up very happy, but then things started going downhill shortly after breakfast. It was an absolutely beautiful, spring-like morning, so there was no reason for us to stay inside the house. I finally managed to talk Oliver into going to the trail to ride his bike, and that kind of made his attitude a little bit better . . . but not by much.
He even refused to smile while he was swinging.
Buttercup, however, was in a great mood by that point! Hooray for a happy little girl!
Sporting her new sunglasses picked out by her big brother. Every baby girl needs sparkly pink Barbie sunglasses, right?
We ended up leaving the park early and were back at our house way before I had hoped to be back home. I was trying to come up with something productive and interesting for Oliver to do, and he came up with an idea by himself! He ended up digging for worms under the rose bush in our front yard. And surprisingly, he found a couple of them!
We relocated this one to an empty container to save for the next time we go fishing. I guess now we need to get him a real fish hook. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment