Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Maybe the Duggars Are Onto Something

When Oliver was about 3 months old, my aunt told me that it might seem like I had my hands full then, but things would get easier as Oliver got older. And then she said something that I thought was totally crazy -- that when her 3 children were older, she had lots of free time during the day because they would play together. She even had time to sit on the couch and read while they played!

Well, as it turns out, she was right. :-) Here I am, sitting on the couch with my feet up, drinking ice water and playing on the computer while Oliver and Buttercup play in the sun room.





































Maybe we should have 3 or 4 more kids instead of 1 more?

3 comments:

  1. Your title: Yes, I do believe the Duggars have caught onto the fact that the older children parent the younger children in a family that size.
    Your closing question: I will vote a resounding, YES ! to have additional grandchildren raised in your home and loving environment. More to love!
    Your self-portrait: Seems like I see somewhat a resemblance to the "little boy legs" you had as a youngster. Some things never change.

    Enjoy this part of parenting: The realization that there can be "Me Time" while the children are awake and present.

    Love to all,
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I thought you would like the last question! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for lots of little Rowes!!!!

    ReplyDelete