The kids dyed eggs after their naps on Friday.
Buttercup was very excited about the eggs and squished one to pieces (I should have taken a picture before I threw it away!). You can see the other two eggs she smashed in the picture below.
On Saturday, we gave the kids their Easter baskets! We didn't buy much candy at all -- we bought Oliver a small, hollow chocolate bunny and that was it! The rest of their baskets were filled with toys and books. And they each got a foam sword. I had no idea the swords would be such a huge hit! Every day since then, Oliver has asked to go outside as soon as breakfast is over, so he can play with his sword. The kids even brought their swords in the running stroller yesterday!
The weather was just so beautiful all weekend, and our shady backyard was the perfect place to be. I hope you all had a great Easter, too! :-)
I had a M*A*R*V*E*L*O*U*S weekend!! So good that it is hard to go home! The children were delightful, as usual, and Oliver's spontaneous display of affection to me was truly priceless! I am so glad I got to spend time with all of you!!!
ReplyDelete